Some people don’t need anything more than proper oral hygiene and occasional teeth whitening sessions to help them maintain a bright, beautiful smile. However, many of us simply aren’t that lucky and struggle with teeth that are missing, misaligned, misshapen and stained.
If you feel overwhelmed by the belief that your smile has too many aesthetic issues to fix, a comprehensive smile makeover at 5 Star Dental Group can give you the healthy, beautiful, young-looking smile you deserve.
If you would like to learn more about how experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Craig Carlson can correct a number of smile imperfections with a customized treatment designed specifically for you, please call 210-494-3511 to schedule a free consultation. 5 Star Dental Group welcomes patients from in and around San Antonio.
On this page, we will discuss a number of smile makeover topics, including:
- What is a smile makeover?
- What procedures are included in a smile make over?
- Benefits of a smile makeover
- Should I consider getting a smile make over?
- The impact of a beautiful smile
- Advantages of smiling more
- How much does a smile makeover cost?
- Schedule your free smile makeover consultation today
A smile makeover is a combination treatment that can involve any number of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Rather than narrowly focusing on a specific dental issue, smile makeovers are designed to address a broad range of problems that affect your smile, such as your teeth, gums and bite alignment.
Just like any cosmetic dentistry procedure, there is no one-size-fits-all smile makeover. Your combination of treatments will be based on your unique goals and oral condition. During your initial consultation, Dr. Carlson will take the time to get to know you and discuss exactly what you’d like to improve about your smile. He will answer all of your questions and explain all of your treatment options.
Some common issues that smile makeovers can treat include:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Uneven gum line
- Gummy smile
In addition to addressing aesthetic imperfections, Dr. Carlson and his talented staff work hard to ensure that every procedure included in your smile make over achieves your cosmetic goals and complements your oral health. During every stage of your makeover process, we will strive for perfection to ensure you get the results you desire and expect.
There is no specific formula for a perfect smile. Dr. Carlson will consider several factors when discussing all of your treatment options, such as your tooth and gum health, facial appearance and your desired outcomes. He will recommend a unique combination of procedures to create a smile you can be proud of for years to come.
Depending on your unique goals and characteristics, your complete smile makeover may include treatments such as:
- Porcelain veneers: One of the most versatile and popular cosmetic dentistry procedures available today, porcelain veneers can solve a variety of cosmetic issues in a single procedure. Fortunately, Dr. Carlson is the premier choice for porcelain veneers. He personally hand crafts all veneers at his office to ensure your results are second to none and your opinion is involved every step of the way.
- Porcelain crowns and bridges: Whether protecting a damaged tooth or supporting a dental bridge, porcelain crowns offer stability and attractive results. The porcelain crowns and bridges offered at 5 Star Dental Group are hand-crafted personally by Dr. Carlson.
- Tooth-colored fillings: When you have a tooth that suffers from decay, a tooth-colored filling can successfully replace the part of your tooth that needs to be removed without the unsightly appearance of a traditional silver-colored filling.
- Teeth whitening: A lifetime of eating, drinking and lifestyle choices such as smoking can leave your teeth dark and discolored. Over-the-counter teeth whitening systems just can’t match the effectiveness and efficiency of professional tooth-whitening services at our San Antonio office.
- Laser gum contouring: Do you have a gummy smile? Gum contouring removes excess gum tissue to create balance and symmetry in your tooth-to-gum ratio. The process of gum reduction reveals more of your natural enamel for a brighter, more dynamic smile.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
While many dental treatments can effectively target a specific cosmetic or oral health issue, smile makeovers combine a variety of procedures to comprehensively transform your smile.
Many of our smile makeover patients have received a wide range of benefits following their treatments, such as:
- Improved self-confidence in professional and social settings
- Enhanced overall appearance
- Better oral health function
No two smile makeovers are exactly the same. During your initial consultation, Dr. Carlson will take the time to get to know you and understand what aspects of your smile you’d like to improve. He will carefully assess your oral condition and provide recommendations that can realistically meet your needs.
If you are reluctant to smile because of numerous cosmetic issues with your teeth, it may be time to consider a smile makeover. Smile makeovers can transform the way you look and feel, and when you see yourself in the mirror, you’ll be amazed at the results.
While every case is unique, most successful smile make over candidates:
- Are in good general health
- Are willing to commit to the time and investment needed to achieve and maintain a beautiful smile
- Don’t suffer from underlying gum disease or are being successfully treated for it
- Have realistic expectations for each procedure
If your teeth are generally healthy and you have multiple issues that cannot be corrected with just one solution, a smile makeover may be your ideal option. The best way to know which procedure or combination smile-enhancement treatments are right for you is to meet personally with Dr. Carlson.
A healthy, beautiful smile can make a big impact on both your personal and professional interactions. Studies from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry have found that:
- Nearly half of Americans believe that someone’s smile is their most memorable feature.
- Almost 40 percent of Americans report that a damaged or crooked smile makes someone less attractive.
- Forty-five percent of Americans find that a person’s smile is their most attractive characteristic.
Whether out with friends or competing for a new job, your smile is your introduction to the world. Dr. Carlson understands that damaged teeth, bite pain and other complex dental issues can impact not just your appearance, but your self-confidence as well. That’s why he takes such pride helping his patients achieve and maintain straight, bright-looking teeth.
Tears of joy are common at 5 Star Dental Group. When patients see their new smiles for the first time, it can be a life-changing experience. Many patients believe that a stunning Hollywood smile would never be achievable. We are proud to help our patients fulfill their dreams and give them the positive self-image they deserve.
When you feel confident in your smile, you simply smile more. Smiling itself offers a number of benefits, including:
- Smiles reduce stress: Smiling releases endorphins and tiny molecules called neuropeptides which are used by neurons to communicate feelings of excitements, anger, sadness and joy. In times when you feel overwhelmed and anxious, smiling can relax your body, lower your blood pressure and heart rate and reduce overall feelings of stress.
- Smiles can strengthen your immune system: A healthy mouth provides a number of benefits to your overall general health, but simply smiling has its own health benefits. Studies have shown that when you smile, your body emits more white blood cells than normal. White blood cells work within your body to protect you from infectious diseases and foreign attackers. In essence, smiling helps to build your immune system and keep you healthier.
- Smiles are simple mood boosters: It takes less energy to smile than to frown. Not only can smiling communicate your mood, it can also influence it. Research has found that by smiling, even a fake, forced smile, you can align the emotion your face is communicating with your actual mood and increase feelings of positivity and happiness.
- Smiles are contagious: When you smile, the people around you are likely to smile back. Studies show that when facial expressions are mimicked by others, similar emotions are generated back in a social response. This means that smiling is literally contagious. When you share a smile with someone, you not only make their day a little brighter, you are actually boosting their mood and spreading happiness.
- Smiles are free: Smiling can quickly improve your mood without costing you a dime. Unfortunately, far too many people avoid smiling or hide their smiles because of embarrassment. A smile makeover is an investment in the appearance of your teeth and the benefits of a lifetime of free smiles.
The cost of a smile makeover is determined on a case-by-case basis, depending on which procedures you select. Dental insurance may cover some procedures, such as fillings or crowns for restorative purposes, but insurance usually doesn’t cover purely cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
Dr. Carlson will provide you with a cost estimate during your initial consultation and our friendly staff is always happy to answer any questions about our financing and payment options.
If you live in San Antonio and would like to learn if a smile makeover is right for you, please call 5 Star Dental Group today at 210-494-3511 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Carlson.