OralID™ Oral Cancer Screening Technology
Because our patients’ oral health and overall health are highly important to us at 5 Star Dental Group, we offer OralID™ cancer screening technology during every cleaning appointment. This is a quick, non-invasive way to screen for oral cancer, which has a much higher survival rate if detected early. Learn more by visiting the OralID website. Contact our office at (210) 876-4745 to book an appointment for your next screening for oral cancer in San Antonio, TX. Don’t wait – this simple procedure could save your life.
Here are some statistics to consider:
- Oral cancer kills one American every hour.
- Approximately 42,000 people in the United States will be newly diagnosed with oral cancer in 2013.
- In 2013, among the 42,000 diagnosed with oral cancer in the United States, 18,000 will not be alive in five years.
- Oral cancer’s incidence rate has increased the last five years in a row.
- In 2007, oral cancer’s incidence increased by 11 percent.
- The mortality rate for oral cancer has not changed significantly in three decades.
- Oral cancer’s high mortality rate is due to late-stage discovery (Stage III and IV).
- The mortality rate for oral cancer is higher than the rates for cervical cancer, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, laryngeal cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer, and skin cancer.
1 – Oral Cancer Foundation
2 – National Cancer Institute/SEER
(Information from oralid.com)