Emerging research shows a link between periodontal disease and….
- Respiratory Infections
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- C-Reactive Protein during pregnancy
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Wrinkly Skin
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Colorectal Cancer
- Failure of Joint Replacements
According to the AAP, men with periodontal disease are….
- 49% more likely to develop kidney disease
- 54% more likely to develop pancreatic cancer
- 30% more likely to develop blood cancers
Gingivitis is reversible, but periodontal disease is not. Periodontal screening is an integral part of our standard of care, and gum therapy can be necessary to prevent the disease from worsening. If it’s been a while since you’ve been to our San Antonio dental office, call (210) 807-6668 to schedule an appointment so that you can maintain a healthy smile for a lifetime.