Flossing is not the favorite part of dental hygiene for many. Perhaps, if people realized the importance of flossing, it would be easier to make it a habit. Here are some facts for you:
- Flossing helps prevent gum disease and cavities
- Flossing helps reduce gingivitis and plaque
- Flossing removes food from your teeth from between your teeth and along your gumline
- Flossing cleans where your toothbrush can not
- Flossing is a part of the routine of good dental hygiene which will help reduce the chance of heart and other diseases
It only takes a few minutes to do, but the positive results last a lifetime! Pull out approximately 18 inches of floss, wrap the ends around your fingertips and gently slide the floss between your teeth. Curve the floss around each tooth, rubbing up and down to scrape the plaque away. Throw away the floss after you finish, look in the mirror and smile and thank yourself for taking care of your teeth and your health! Happy Flossing!!