Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Having a beautiful smile can help to boost your confidence and make you appear younger. Oral health can also affect your overall health, so having a beautiful, healthy smile is important for more than just confidence. Here are five steps to help you achieve a better smile.
1. Brush and floss daily- It is important for you to brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day. Brushing and flossing are key for healthy teeth and gums. Brushing will keep away cavities and prevent gum disease. Flossing will help to remove anything between your teeth that cannot easily be removed by brushing. These will not only help your oral hygiene, but it will improve your smile dramatically if you take care of your teeth and gums daily.
2. Regular visits your dentist- Regular trips to the dentist are a great way to make sure you are staying on track with your oral health. Your dentist will let you know if they see any problems or if you need to change up your daily routine. They can also let you know if they see anything that requires immediate action.
3. Avoid smoking and using Tabaco- These will darken your teeth and put you at risk for multiple types of oral cancers.
4. Eat a healthy diet- Some foods like citric fruit have acid that will erode your enamel over time. Beverages like coffee and tea will stain your teeth over time as well. Limiting the foods and drinks that will damage your teeth will help your smile remain beautiful for longer.
5. Consider extra procedures done by your dentist – This includes cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening and more. This can be costly, but the results are worth it when you have a great dentist.
Having a beautiful smile goes a long way to keeping you both confident and healthy. Contact 5 Star Dental today to schedule an appointment. We offer gentle cleanings, teeth whitening, cosmetic dentistry and more. We know how important it is to have a beautiful smile and will do everything it takes to help you achieve a smile you will be proud to show off.